To be considered a sophisticated (experienced) investor, private investors shall meet at least two of the following criteria (Paragraph 3 of the Procedure for assessing the suitability of crowdfunding transactions and modelling of the capacity for loss):
- Your personal gross income shall not be lower than EUR 60,000 per fiscal year or you shall hold a portfolio of financial instruments of at least EUR 100,000 (consisting of cash deposits and financial assets);
- You shall be working (or have been working) in the financial sector for at least one year (in a professional position that requires knowledge of the expected transactions or services) or you shall hold (or should have held) a managerial position in a legal entity for at least 12 months (legal entity that corresponds to at least one of the criteria established in paragraph 3.1.1 of the Procedure for assessing the suitability of crowdfunding transactions and modelling of the capacity for loss);
- You shall have executed an average of 10 large transactions per quarter in the last 12 months in the capital markets or through crowdfunding service providers.
Companies shall meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Hold at least EUR 100,000 of own resources;
- Net turnover of at least EUR 2,000,000;
- Balance of at least EUR 1,000,000;
- Entities operating in the field of financial markets who received relevant permits (licenses) from supervisory authorities and are supervised by supervisory authorities (please refer to the Procedure for assessing the suitability of crowdfunding transactions and modelling of the capacity for loss for the information on entities considered);
- National or regional authorities, including public authorities managing public debt ar the national or regional level, central banks, international and supranational institutions;
- Institutional investor whose main activity is investment in financial instruments, including entities engaged in securitization and other financing transactions.
You shall send us a filled ‘Annex No 1’ form (available in the Procedure for assessing the suitability of crowdfunding transactions and modelling of the capacity for loss document) along with relevant evidence confirming compliance with the established criteria. Once the documents are reviewed and the sophisticated (experienced) investor status is approved (the status won’t be shown on your account, only internally), the application is valid for 2 years.
It is important to note that sophisticated (experienced) investors do not have a right to withdraw their financing offer within 4 calendar days from the submission of the offer. Non-sophisticated (inexperienced) investors have a right to withdraw their financing offer within 4 calendar days from the investment day (the financing offer can be withdrawn by contacting Crowdpear in writing; please refer to paragraph 4.7 of the Usage Agreement).
Please note that the procedure for assessing the suitability of crowdfunding transactions (investors’ categorization) is prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Regulation and other applicable legal acts.