If you are a tax resident of a country where Lithuania has a double tax treaty exemption agreement, you can reduce the withholding tax. You shall download and sign the DAS-1 form and upload it when registering or after the registration in your settings (the DAS-1 example can be found here).
Important to know about the DAS-1 form:
- The DAS-1 form must be signed with a handwritten signature, as e-signatures are not accepted.
- To complete Part I of the DAS-1 form successfully, please use your passport or a national ID card you used to verify your identity on Crowdpear. The use of other documents such as a driver’s license or residence permit will lead to the rejection of your form.
- Instead of signing Part V in the DAS-1 form (‘Certificate of the Tax Authority of foreign country’), a certificate of tax residency issued and signed by the local authority may be provided with the signed DAS-1 form.
- In part III ‘Income’ -> ‘Type of income’, ‘Interest income/Income’ must be written by the investor. The date and the number of contract can be found in the user agreement (go to your account’s settings to find the user agreement).
- We recommend submitting the documents before your first investment or first repayment. In case the documents are not submitted, a standard 15% tax rate on the interest earned is applied.
- Please note that it may take 2-3 working days for the documents to be reviewed and accepted.
- DAS-1 form or DAS-1 form and a tax residency certificate shall be provided for every calendar year.
Suppose the DAS-1 form has not been submitted for the previous calendar year, an investor may fill in the DAS-2 form and contact the State Tax Inspectorate of Lithuania (lit. Valstybinė mokesčių inspekcija – VMI) directly for a tax refund for a previous taxable year.
How to submit the DAS-2 form:
- Once you will fill in Part I, send it to us by email [email protected].
- Parts II, III, and IV are filled, approved, and sent back to the investor by Crowdpear.
- Make 2 copies of the document and by signing in Part V of both copies confirm that the information above (in Parts I-IV) is correct.
- Afterward, reach out to your local Tax Authority for their confirmation of you being a tax resident for a previous year in Part VI (signature on both of the copies on the DAS-2 form or a separate tax residency certificate for the previous year).
- Once you have a confirmation from your local Tax Authority, contact the State Tax Inspectorate of Lithuania (lit. Valstybinė mokesčių inspekcija – VMI) directly for a tax refund for a previous taxable year.
The investor is responsible for declaring and paying taxes in the country where the investor is registered as a tax resident.